(1) It is unlawful for any person in this state to knowingly have in his or her possession an aircraft that is not registered in accordance with the regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration contained in Title 14, chapter 1, parts 47-49 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(2) Any aircraft in or operated in this state that is found to be registered to a nonexistent person, firm, or corporation or to a firm, business, or corporation which is no longer a legal entity is in violation of this section. Any firm, business, or corporation that has no physical location or corporate officers or that has lapsed into an inactive state or been dissolved by order of the Secretary of State for a period of at least 90 days with no documented attempt to reinstate the firm, business, or corporation or to register its aircraft in the name of a real person or legal entity in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration regulations is in violation of this section.
(3) A person who knowingly supplies false information to a governmental entity in regard to the name, address, business name, or business address of the owner of an aircraft in or operated in the state is in violation of this section.
(4) It is a violation of this section for any person or corporate entity to knowingly supply false information to any governmental entity in regard to ownership by it or another firm, business, or corporation of an aircraft in or operated in this state if it is determined that such corporate entity or other firm, business, or corporation:
(a) Is not, or has never been, a legal entity in this state;
(b) Is not, or has never been, a legal entity in any other state; or
(c) Has lapsed into a state of no longer being a legal entity in this state as defined in part I of chapter 607 or s. 865.09, and no documented attempt has been made to correct such information with the governmental entity for a period of 90 days after the date on which such lapse took effect with the Secretary of State.
(5) This section does not apply to any aircraft registration or information supplied by a governmental entity in the course and scope of performing its lawful duties.
(6)(a) A violation of this section shall be deemed a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(b) Any violation of this section shall constitute the aircraft to which it relates as contraband, and said aircraft may be seized as contraband by a law enforcement agency and shall be subject to forfeiture pursuant to ss. 932.701-932.704.
History.—s. 5, ch. 83-272; s. 2, ch. 84-259; s. 21, ch. 87-243; s. 471, ch. 95-148; s. 41, ch. 2014-209.